View Full Press Release Here: Lee & Hayes 2016 Best Lawyers
Spokane, Wash., Aug. 25, 2015 – Five partners at Lee & Hayes, PLLC, an industry-leading intellectual property (IP) law firm, were recently recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2016. Bryce Wilcox and Leslie R. Weatherhead, partners with the firm’s litigation practice, were each recognized for Commercial Litigation. Lewis Lee, Lee & Hayes’ co-founder and partner, and Dan Crouse, partner, were both recognized for Patent Law. Peter Ayers, who chairs the firm’s litigation practice, was recognized for his work in the fields of Intellectual Property Litigation and Patent Litigation.
“At Lee & Hayes, we seek talented attorneys who are also great people, and being consistently recognized by Best Lawyers is a reflection of that,” said Lee. “We are honored and humbled to be included in this list, but most of all are proud of our team and all the hard work that goes into providing insightful counsel to our clients.”
- Peter Ayers, a partner in the Austin office, chairs the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Ayers acts as lead counsel in intellectual property cases in Federal District Court and before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) including inter partes review (IPR), covered business method review (CBM), and post grant review (PGR). He is currently lead counsel in 25 IPRs, representing both petitioners and patent owners.
- Dan Crouse, a partner in the Seattle office, focuses primarily in the area of IP strategy and client counseling. He works with clients on establishing IP strategies, policies, and procedures and assists in developing and managing their IP assets for optimal business return on investment. Within Lee & Hayes, Crouse is part of a team dedicated to applying big data analytics across the spectrum of IP issues and opportunities faced by firm clients.
- Lewis Lee, the firm’s founding partner, has spent his 26-year career representing some of the world’s leading innovators. With IP emerging as a valuable asset class, Lee’s practice has evolved into providing practical business solutions that help companies assess, build and monetize IP portfolios. Lee has co-authored two books, and his third book, “Intellectual Gold,” is scheduled for release in 2015.
- Leslie Weatherhead, a partner in Spokane, was recognized by Best Lawyers in the fields of Commercial Litigation and Bet-the-Company Litigation. Weatherhead focuses his practice on complex commercial cases in federal, state and appellate courts, including intellectual property litigation. Weatherhead has served as an Adjunct Professor teaching trial practice at the Gonzaga University School of Law.
- Bryce Wilcox, a partner in the Spokane office, has over 20 years of complex commercial litigation experience. Wilcox has acted as lead trial counsel in numerous commercial cases throughout the Western United States, both in Federal and State courts.
About Lee & Hayes
Lee & Hayes, PLLC is a dynamic law firm providing industry leading intellectual property counsel, as well as complementary legal services in corporate/securities, government relations and litigation. The firm focuses on providing strategic services to assist clients in finding business solutions. Attorneys offer a full range of IP assistance, analysis and counseling, together with corporate services ranging from business formation, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and IP and commercial litigation. Lee & Hayes’ clients develop technologies, products, and services in many different fields, including electronics, computer software/hardware, network technologies, semiconductor technologies, digital media, business and financial services, e-commerce and mobile commerce, telecommunications, aerospace, life sciences and nanotechnology.
The 158-person firm employs 92 attorneys and patent agents in offices in Atlanta; Austin, Texas; Portland, Oregon-metro; Rochester, New York; Seattle; Spokane, Washington; and Washington, D.C.-metro.
For more information, visit www.leehayes.com.