View Full Press Release Here: 2015 IAM Awards
Spokane, Wash. – July 20, 2015 – Attorneys with national IP law firm Lee & Hayes have been recognized in two of Intellectual Asset Management (IAM)’s annual guides: IAM Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategists and IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals. Attorneys with the firm have been recognized for their leadership in one or both of the lists since the guides’ initial publications in 2012.
“Lee & Hayes doesn’t just talk about innovation; it practices it,” said IAM. “No wonder, then, that some of the most inventive companies in the United States seek it out for prosecution and strategic advice. ‘Quality’ is another word that is synonymous with its offering: ‘It has never lowered standards to maintain volume and is dedicated not just to efficiency, but excellence, too.’ The 2014 acquisition of Atlanta boutique Hope Baldauff has extended its reach; the firm now has a base in seven U.S. locations and is gaining national repute.”
Four Lee & Hayes partners have been selected to this year’s IAM Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategists: firm Co-founder and Partner Lewis Lee, Spokane-based Partner Brett Nelson, Seattle-based Partner Dan Crouse and Washington D.C. metro-based Partner Poh Chua. Through extensive research, IAM identifies 300 individuals each year based on skills and strategies that maximize the value of patent, copyright, trademark and other IP rights. Only individuals nominated multiple times by different parties as outstanding IP strategists are listed. This year’s guide can be accessed at www.IAM-media.com/strategy300.
Additionally, nine Lee & Hayes partners have been selected to this year’s IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals: Spokane-based attorneys Lewis Lee, Brett Nelson, Dave Divine, Bea Koempel-Thomas and Rob Hartman; Seattle-based Rob Peck, Bob Carlson and Rachal Winger, Ph.D.; and Poh Chua from the Washington D.C.-metro office. The annual guide identifies the world’s leading patent-services providers through extensive interviews and research. This year’s guide can be accessed at www.iam1000.com.
This is what IAM had to say of Lee & Hayes attorneys:
- Lewis Leeis “An exceptional leader with outstanding communication skills, he is more than just a lawyer – he really focuses on business strategies.”
- Chemical and life sciences chair Brett Nelson“…has a unique ability to see beyond the basic legal aspects of your patent needs and his expertise is critical in guiding a subtle understanding of the commercial value of intangible assets. He empowers you to truly capture the value of your portfolio and is fully committed to your best interests.”
- “IAM Patent 1000neophyte Rachal Winger is another key life sciences contact. She has a neuroscience PhD, so is technically brilliant; still, ‘she really pays attention to what clients want, and isn’t one of those prosecutors who has a hard time engaging with non-technical people – she can talk to anyone about anything and make them feel comfortable.’”
- “’Not a lot of people are able to smoothly manage vital portfolios for large companies, but Rob Peckcan’; the computer and software engineering guru ‘can douse the flames when things get a little hot and get you back to sailing on calm seas.’”
- “David Divineis known for his shrewd maneuvers at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office – as a former examiner, he knows all the tricks of the trade.”
- “Innovators with great products rely on Rob Hartmanbecause they know he cares about them; with an attentive bedside manner, he is enthusiastic about his trade.”
- “Bea Koempel-Thomasis equally assiduous in her duties as head of the international division. In a previous life, she managed operations for a national restaurant chain – experience which has honed her strong commercial sensibilities.”
- “A significant ongoing storyline for the ensemble is its enhanced corporate and litigation capabilities. Bob Carlsonhas successfully duked it out at the International Trade Commission for patrons such as A&J Manufacturing, while also producing the goods in district court infringement suits.”
About Lee & Hayes
Lee & Hayes, PLLC, is a dynamic law firm providing industry leading intellectual property counsel, as well as complementary legal services in corporate/securities, government relations and litigation. The firm focuses on providing strategic services to assist clients in finding business solutions. Attorneys offer a full range of IP assistance, analysis and counseling, together with corporate services ranging from business formation, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and IP and commercial litigation. Lee & Hayes’ clients develop technologies, products and services in many different fields, including electronics, computer software/hardware, network technologies, semiconductor technologies, digital media, business and financial services, e-commerce and mobile commerce, telecommunications, aerospace, life sciences and nanotechnology.
The 156-person firm employs 90 attorneys and patent agents in offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Austin, Texas; Portland-metro, Oregon; Rochester, New York; Seattle and Spokane, Washington; and Washington, D.C.-metro.
For more information, visit www.leehayes.com.