Spokane, Washington, November 17, 2016 – industry-leading intellectual property (IP) law firm, Lee & Hayes, PLLC, added five new partners to their 89-attorney team. Richard Allen, Rhett Barney, Tyson Crane, Holly Johnston and Chris Kent were designated as partners earlier this month and are based out of several of the firm’s seven offices across the country. Lee & Hayes, PLLC was recently named one of the nation’s “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®.
- Richard Allen is a patent attorney and new partner in the firm’s Spokane office. He has been with Lee & Hayes since 2014 and is a part of the firm’s patent practice group. Allen’s practice focuses on drafting and prosecuting patent applications across a wide variety of mechanical, electro-mechanical, and software technologies. He received his Juris Doctor from Franklin Pierce Law Center, now the University of New Hampshire Law.
- Rhett Barney is also a new partner in the firm’s Spokane office. Barney is part of the firm’s corporate practice group, litigation practice group, and trademark practice group. His practice focuses on worldwide trademark and copyright protection and enforcement strategies, the selection and clearance of trademarks, and the management of global portfolios. He is a frequent speaker and presenter on trademark, copyright, and branding topics and has appeared as a legal analyst for MSNBC. Barney received his Juris Doctor from Gonzaga University School of Law.
- Tyson Crane is a patent attorney and a new partner out of the firm’s Spokane office. His practice focuses on technology areas including consumer electronics, computer software and hardware, e-commerce, telecommunication, semiconductor technologies and mechanical devises, among other areas. He received his Juris Doctor from Franklin Pierce Law Center, now the University of New Hampshire Law, where he graduated cum laude.
- Holly Johnston is now a partner in the firm’s Portland-metro office. She recently joined the firm as a patent attorney in the firm’s patent practice group after leaving Marger, Johnson & McCollom, PC. Johnston’s practice involves patenting medical devices and diagnostics, software, electronics, green technologies, manufacturing equipment and consumer products. Johnston received her Juris Doctor from Gonzaga University School of Law and bachelor’s degrees in both Biomedical and Electrical Engineering.
- Chris Kent was named partner and is based in the firm’s Atlanta office. He is a patent attorney with over twenty-five years of experience and nearly ten years as a Patent Examiner with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO). Kent’s practice focuses on patent prosecution and counseling, for both U.S. and foreign portfolios. He has experience with diverse technical fields including power generation, engine and aircraft-related technologies, and systems for navigation and control of unmanned vehicles. Chris received his Juris Doctor from George Mason University School of Law, graduating cum laude.
About Lee & Hayes, PLLC Lee & Hayes, PLLC is a dynamic law firm providing industry leading intellectual property counsel, as well as complementary legal services in corporate/securities, government relations and litigation. The firm focuses on providing strategic services to assist clients in finding business solutions. Attorneys offer a full range of IP assistance, analysis and counseling, together with corporate services ranging from business formation, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and IP and commercial litigation. Lee & Hayes’ clients develop technologies, products, and services in many different fields, including electronics, computer software/hardware, network technologies, semiconductor technologies, digital media, business and financial services, e-commerce and mobile commerce, telecommunications, aerospace, life sciences and nanotechnology.
The 150-person firm employs 89 attorneys and patent agents in offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Austin, Texas; Portland, Oregon-metro; Rochester, New York; Seattle and Spokane, Washington; and Washington D.C.-metro.
For more information, visit www.leehayes.com.
Media Contact: Shannon Carroll | firstname.lastname@example.org| 509.944.4675