Lee & Hayes attorneys recognized by 2016 Super Lawyers Magazine©
Five attorneys named on lists of Washington’s best
Spokane, Wash. – June 13, 2016 – Five attorneys with Lee & Hayes, PLLC, have been recognized by Super Lawyers® Magazine in 2016. Partners Geana Van Dessel and Les Weatherhead are listed as Super Lawyers, which include the top five percent of Washington attorneys. Partner Dan Wadkins and attorneys Rhett Barney and John Nelson are named Rising Stars, which name the top 2.5 percent of attorneys in Washington who are forty or younger or have been in practice ten years or less. All five attorneys practice in the firm’s Spokane office.
- Rhett Barney – Rhett is an intellectual property attorney with extensive experience regarding global trademark and copyright protection and enforcement. He works with clients to obtain domestic and foreign trademark registrations, handles trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings, and negotiates licenses and other intellectual property transactions.
- John Nelson – John is a patent attorney who aids clients as they develop their IP portfolios. John’s technical expertise includes software, medical devices, building materials, energy-related devices, plant varieties, and chemical compounds.
- Geana Van Dessel – Geana is a partner and vice-chair of the firm’s litigation practice. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and her experience includes trademark, copyright, business, securities, banking, employment and consumer protection litigation, both in federal and state courts.
- Daniel Wadkins – Dan is a partner who focuses on corporate and intellectual property issues, working with business clients from startups to large companies. Dan’s practice includes drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions, trademark protection and enforcement, startup formation and financing and IP transactions.
- Leslie Weatherhead – Les was a partner in Spokane, who has been included in the Washington Super Lawyers list 14 times in his career. This listing for 2016 is made posthumously as our friend and colleague, Les Weatherhead, passed away earlier this year.
About Super Lawyers
Super Lawyers, part of Thompson Reuters, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse list of exceptional attorneys.
About Lee & Hayes
Lee & Hayes, PLLC is a dynamic law firm providing industry leading intellectual property counsel, as well as complementary legal services in corporate/securities, government relations and litigation. The firm focuses on providing strategic services to assist clients in finding business solutions. Attorneys offer a full range of IP assistance, analysis and counseling, together with corporate services ranging from business formation, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and IP and commercial litigation. Lee & Hayes’ clients develop technologies, products, and services in many different fields, including electronics, computer software/hardware, network technologies, semiconductor technologies, digital media, business and financial services, e-commerce and mobile commerce, telecommunications, aerospace, life sciences and nanotechnology.
The 150-person firm employs 87 attorneys and patent agents in offices in Atlanta; Austin, Texas; Portland, Oregon-metro; Rochester, New York; Seattle; Spokane, Washington; and Washington, D.C.-metro.
For more information, visit www.leehayes.com.
Jan Haney, Lee & Hayes, email@example.com, 509-944-4668