Lee & Hayes is an award-winning, full-service intellectual property law firm with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Vancouver-Portland Metro, Rochester, Seattle, Spokane, and Washington D.C. The firm is seeking a Controller to join the Spokane, Washington office.
The Controller will oversee all regulatory and financial reporting, tax analysis and planning, and the maintenance of internal control policies and procedures. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and reporting functions.
- Oversees preparation of financial reporting, including cash and accrual financial statements
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Researches technical accounting issues for compliance
- Provides status of financial condition of the firm by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data
- Oversees income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all required partnership tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local requirements by researching existing and new legislation for partnerships, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises firm of actions and potential risks
- Oversees quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Analyzes and implements firm policies, procedures and practices to identify ways to achieve maximum productivity and profitability
- Participates in a wide variety of special projects and compiles special reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Five or more years of experience in managing a finance function in a company
- CPA certification preferred
- Partnership accounting and tax experience is a plus
- Must have excellent oral/written communication skills and be comfortable effectively interfacing and inspiring confidence with all levels of firm management, attorneys and staff
- High level of proficiency in technology required including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing and developing staff
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, interpersonal and client service skills. Ability to respond to rapidly changing conditions and work in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Creative thinker, problem solver, entrepreneurial attitude and team player desired
Lee & Hayes provides a unique corporate culture that fosters a collegial atmosphere, encourages camaraderie, community outreach, and work-life balance. Health and wellness initiatives are coordinated year-round and include quarterly wellness activities, healthy snacks in the office, availability of stand-up work stations, and fitness activity trackers for each employee. Members of the Lee & Hayes team are highly-accomplished individuals who take pride in their work, community, and families. Furthermore, Lee & Hayes provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.