From Seattle to Atlanta, Lee & Hayes is proud to call seven cities across the country “home.” Lee & Hayes is always looking for opportunities to give back to the communities where we live and work. The firm has a dedicated Outreach Committee that works with organizations in the firm’s local communities to identify charitable giving opportunities and community service projects.
The Outreach Committee encourages pro bono and charitable activities on the part of Lee & Hayes attorneys and agents. The Outreach Committee works with organizations in the Firm’s local communities to identify pro bono opportunities. The Outreach Committee also considers recommendations for charitable donations made by Lee & Hayes employees and their local communities and makes recommendations for such donations to the Management Committee.
Lee & Hayes has a standing Diversity Committee, charged with the responsibility of developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. The Diversity Committee is comprised of members with a wide variety of personal and professional backgrounds, including the CEO, attorneys, and professional staff. These individuals share a strong commitment to increasing the firm’s diversity and use their unique experiences and backgrounds to support and further those objectives. The Diversity Committee meets regularly to formulate and implement firm goals and specific diversity initiatives.
Our Volunteer Activities
- George Nethercutt currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International. He Co-founded the Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery for the prevention of child abuse in Spokane, Washington. He is the founder and chairman of the George Nethercutt Foundation, a nonpartisan, charitable organization that is dedicated to developing in young adults an understanding of government, business, public policy issues and civics.
- Dan Wadkins serves as a volunteer with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team-In-Training Program and as a member of the Advisory Board for Gonzaga’s New Venture Lab.
- Laurie Davis volunteers with the American Red Cross, 2nd Harvest, and Habitat for Humanity
- Several of our attorneys also provide pro-bono legal services to members of the community
- We have held food drives for various area food banks
- We were a sponsor for the Friends of the Centennial Trail Bike Swap
- We sponsored the REVIVE EarthCorps event, which helps to restore natural areas
- We support the Boy Scouts STEM Merit Badge University to help support science and engineering programs
We have several attorneys and staff who hold board positions including:
- Shaun Cross previously served as the President of the Ridge at Hangman, a community of approximately 500 individuals, just south of Spokane, WA
- Dave Divine is the Chair of the Law Practice Management Committee for American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Terry Kelly serves on the Board of Directors of Holy Family Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane, Spokane Country Club, Spokane Athletic Club, Gonzaga Preparatory School, Spokane Hoopfest Association and Eastern Washington University Foundation
- Bea Koempel-Thomas is a Board Member for the Central Washington University Foundation and the Chair of the AIPLA Robert C. Watson Award Writing Competition
- Damon Kruger is a board member for EarthCorps
- Lewis Lee is on the Washington State University Board of Governors; Research Foundation, Board Member; Entrepreneurship Program, Advisory Board Member; Honors College, Advisory Board Member; Undergraduate Education, Advisory Board Member; College of Business, National Board of Advisors; George Washington University School of Law, Intellectual Property Advisory Board Membner; Applied Sciences Laboratory, Advisory Board Member; Innovate Washington, Board Member
- Kevin LeMond serves on the Salvation Army Portland Metro Advisory Board, as well as the Salvation Army’s White Shield Advisory Council and the Salvation Army’s Programs and Services Committee
Lee & Hayes Partners named by Best Lawyers in America© 2017 Five attorneys recognized on list of America’s best Spokane, Wash. – Aug. 15, 2016 – Five attorneys with Lee & Hayes, PLLC, a leading law firm providing Intellectual Property, Corporate, and...
Lewis Lee – Founder & CEO of Lee & Hayes. Bob Carlson – Seattle patent attorney and partner with Lee & Hayes. Poh Chua – Washington DC patent attorney and partner with Lee & Hayes. Dave Divine – Spokane patent attorney, partner...
18 FEB THE TOP FIRMS FOR BUSINESS METHODS APPLICATIONS In the post-Alice era, allowances in the 3620s, 3680s, and 3690s e-commerce art units are an increasingly rare sight. The decision has wreaked havoc on the way the courts and patent examiners interpret software...
The next in our series of Drone Girl profiles is with Mel Coombes, a patent attorney at Lee & Hayes. Got an idea for a new drone technology? Mel Coombes wants to hear it. Coombes is a patent attorney at Lee & Hayes who has worked on drone patents including...