Lee & Hayes Partners named by Best Lawyers in America© 2017
Five attorneys recognized on list of America’s best
Spokane, Wash. – Aug. 15, 2016 – Five attorneys with Lee & Hayes, PLLC, a leading law firm providing Intellectual Property, Corporate, and Litigation Services, have been listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2017. Representing multiple offices within the firm are Peter Ayers and John Shumaker in Austin, TX; Dan Crouse in Seattle, WA; and Lewis Lee and Bryce Wilcox in Spokane, WA. All five attorneys are Partners with the firm.
- Peter Ayers –Peter Ayers was selected, for the third year, in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 in the fields of Litigation – Intellectual Property and Litigation – Patent. Peter acts as lead counsel in intellectual property cases in federal district court and before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board including inter partes review (IPR), covered business method review, and post grant review. He is currently lead counsel in 25 IPRs, representing both Petitioners and Patent Owners.
- Dan Crouse – Dan Crouse is recognized for his work in the field of Patent Law. This is Dan’s second year on the list of Best Lawyers in America for 2016 and Dan focuses primarily in the area of IP strategy and client counseling. He works with clients on establishing IP strategies, policies, and procedures and assists in developing and managing their IP assets for optimal business return on investment.
- Lewis Lee – Lewis Lee has been named in the Best Lawyers in America for three consecutive years in the field of Patent Law. Lewis, founder and CEO of Lee & Hayes, specializes in IP counseling, IP portfolio development and commercialization of IP. Focusing his practice on building global IP portfolios, Lewis advises clients on worldwide IP strategies, and strategic and competitive analysis of IP assets. He is a frequent speaker on IP topics, both domestically and abroad. Lewis has also been recognized as one of the leading strategist in the United States by IAM Strategy 300 in 2016.
- John Shumaker – John Shumaker is named in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 in the field of Litigation – Patent. As a member of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group, John manages complex patent litigation cases in federal district and the U.S. International Trade Commission, and IPR proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. John has been involved in developing infringement, validity, and inequitable conduct positions for patent litigation matters spanning a wide array of technologies, including medical devices, computer hardware and software, web-based technology, and biotechnology.
- Bryce Wilcox – Bryce Wilcox has been named for his work in Commercial Litigation since 2013, making this his fifth inclusion in Best Lawyers in America. With over twenty years of experience, Bryce is well versed in all types of litigation including commercial and banking, employment, franchise, contractor and subcontractor disputes, environmental, insurance, real estate, and land use litigation. Bryce has acted as lead trial counsel in numerous commercial cases throughout the Western United States, both in Federal and State courts.
About Best Lawyers®
The Best Lawyers in America list has been published since 1983. Attorneys listed in the publications are recognized by their peers for excellence and have been in practice for at least 10 years. Once an attorney is nominated, pending positive evaluation ballots from peers and good standing with the Bar Association, they may be included in the Best Lawyers list. Regional editions of the list are published in almost 70 countries around the world.
About Lee & Hayes
Lee & Hayes, PLLC is a dynamic law firm providing industry leading intellectual property counsel, as well as complementary legal services in corporate/securities, government relations and litigation. The firm focuses on providing strategic services to assist clients in finding business solutions. Attorneys offer a full range of IP assistance, analysis and counseling, together with corporate services ranging from business formation, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and IP and commercial litigation. Lee & Hayes’ clients develop technologies, products, and services in many different fields, including electronics, computer software/hardware, network technologies, semiconductor technologies, digital media, business and financial services, e-commerce and mobile commerce, telecommunications, aerospace, life sciences and nanotechnology.
The 150-person firm employs 87 attorneys and patent agents in offices in Atlanta; Austin, Texas; Portland, Oregon-metro; Rochester, New York; Seattle; Spokane, Washington; and Washington, D.C.-metro.
For the full press release click here.
Jan Haney, Lee & Hayes, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-944-4668